Based on the Wikipedia page 
The office of High Sheriff is over 1000 years old, with its establishment before the Norman Conquest. The Office of High Sheriff remained first in precedence in the counties until the reign of Edward VII when an Order in Council in 1908 gave the Lord-Lieutenant the prime office under the Crown as the Sovereign's personal representative. The High Sheriff remains the Sovereign's representative in the County for all matters relating to the Judiciary and the maintenance of law and order.
The office of High Sheriff of Greater London was created in 1965 and covers the ceremonial county of Greater London. It does not cover the City of London, which has its own two Sheriffs. It replaced the offices of High Sheriff of the County of London and High Sheriff of Middlesex, which were abolished in 1965.
Coat of armsEdit
Gules, two seaxes in saltire argent, pommels and hilts or, between in chief a Saxon Crown or and in base a horse courant argent.
- 1965: Major Charles Howard Kerridge Fisher, M.C., of Acton, London W.3  First High Sheriff of Greater London
- 1966: Sir Geoffrey Cecil Ryves Eley, Kt, C.B.E., of Holland Villas Road, London 
- 1967: Sir Theodore Constantine, Kt, C.B.E., of Hunters Beck, Uxbridge Road, Stanmore.
- 1968: Seymour John Louis Egerton, of Eaton Square, London S.W.1.
- 1969: Leonard John Sparke, of Bury Street, Ruislip 
- 1970: Sir John Blumenfeld Elliot, Kt. of London, W.1 
- 1971: William Woolf Harris, O.B.E., of Bickenhall Mansions, Gloucester Place, W.1. 
- 1972: Derrick Allix Pease, of Britten Street, S.W.3. 
- 1973: Arthur Henry Edmond, of Northwood, Middlesex 
- 1974: Kenneth Herbert Chapman, of Wentworth, Surrey
- 1975: Mark Baring, Esq., C.V.O., of Thurloe Square, London S.W.7.
- 1976: Alexander William Ramsay, of Caroline Place, London W.2.
- 1977: Lieut-Colonel Dennis Charles Titchener-Barrett, T.D., of Kingfisher House, Lord Napier House,Upper Mall, London W.6 
- 1978: Commodore Charles Patrick Cay Noble, C.B.E., D.S.C., V.R.D., R.N.R., of Gerald Road, London S.W.1  
- 1979: Peter Wyatt Kininmonth, of Ashley Court, Morpeth Terrace, London S.W.1 
- 1980: Christopher Anthony Prendergast
- 1981: Roy Constantine, of Grove Park Terrace, London W.4.
- 1982: Simon Birch, of Regents Park 
- 1983: Ronald Thomas Stewart Macpherson CBE MC TD DL
- 1984: Sir Arthur Godfrey Taylor, of Hove, East Sussex
- 1985: Patrick Carroll Macnamara of Richmond, Surrey
- 1986: Giles Richard Carless Shepard of Savoy Hill, London
- 1987: Derek George Steel of Wimbledon
- 1988: Richard Maddock Brew CBE of Cranley Mews, South Kensington, London SW7 
- 1989: Joan Wheeler Bennett first woman high sheriff
- 1990: Mrs. Christabel Rosamund Scott of London SW7
- 1991: William Samuel Clive Richards of London SW1 
- 1992: James Anthony Lemkin, C.B.E. of Frognal Close, London NW3
- 1993: Anthony Charles Everett, O.B.E.
- 1994: Antony James Butterwick of Earls Court Square, London SW5
- 1995: Graham James Hearne, Esq., C.B.E., of London N.W.3 
- 1996: Sir Cyril Julian Hebden Taylor, of Lexham Walk, London W.8.
- 1997: William Robert Harrison, of Carlyle Square, London SW3.
- 1998: John Patrick Gough, Cadogan Mansions, Sloane Square, London SW1
- 1999: Roger Bramble, DL
- 2000: Malcolm Peter Speight Barton of London 
- 2001: Andrew Henry Scott of London, SW7
- 2002: Bina Shivdasani, Countess Sella Di Monteluce of London, W1 ,  and 
- 2003: Michael Lenox Ingall of London
- 2004: Frances Cairncross (Frances Anne Cairncross CBE) 
- 2005: Andrew Everard Martin Smith 
- 2006: Khalid Hameed, Baron Hameed (Dr. Khalid Hameed CBE)  Husband of Lady Ghazala Hameed
- 2007: Jan Stephen Pethick 
- 2008: Elizabeth Vallance, Lady Vallance of Tummel (Elizabeth, The Lady Vallance of Tummel) 
- 2009: Andrew Vladimir Rhydwen Morgan 
- 2010: Ranjit Mathrani 
- 2011: Lady Elizabeth Arnold 
- 2012: Millie Banerjee CBE 
- 2013: David Fraser Christopher Jones
- 2014: Kevin David McGrath
- 2015: Lady Ghazala Hameed. Wife of Dr. Khalid Hameed CBE 
- 2016: Sir Nigel Knowles
- 2017: James Furber
- 2018: Charles Spicer
The website of the High Sheriff of Greater London is .
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors). That Wikipedia page probably contains more information.|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found